Proposed changes to #parrotsketch meeting format

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:53:24 UTC 2009

We had a short BOF meeting between a few Parrot people Monday evening
at YAPC::NA. We discussed the idea of changing the #parrotsketch
meeting format to try to include more necessary information (but at
the same time, a strong concern was voiced that those meetings tend to
be too long). I want to put some of those ideas here into the open so
we can all get a good look at them, and maybe start changing some
things as early as next week if we like these ideas enough.

1) Everybody should prepost reports before 18:30UTC, so we don't waste
time at the meeting going through the list of reports. Everything will
be in the IRC backlog so people can review them later at their leisure
2) In their reports, everybody should list (a) what they did last
week, which is what has been the norm, (b) what they are planning to
do in the coming week, including estimation of any free tuits coming
up, and (c) things that they are blocking on.
3) Get better status reports from people working on milestones,
especially critical milestones, so we can identify when things are in
danger of slipping and we can get more people assigned to it.

I'm sure I'm missing some things here too, so if anybody remembers
stuff mentioned during the BOF at YAPC, or if other people have ideas
they would like to add this is the place to do it.