parrot buildbot

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Mon Mar 2 15:20:51 UTC 2009

Matisse Enzer wrote:

> It does do this. Right now I have 5 build steps defined:
>
> 1: ['/usr/bin/svn', 'checkout', '--revision', '37076',
> '--non-interactive', 'https://svn.parrot.org/parrot/trunk', 'build']

That should just pull the latest revision

> 2: ['perl', 'Configure.pl']
>
> 3: ['make']
>
> 4: ['make', 'smoke']

For some reason I though that "make smoke" now sent the results to smolder. But
looking at the Makefile that doesn't appear to be the case. Can you change that
to ['make', 'smolder_test'] instead?

> 5: ['grep', 'ok, 0 failed,', './smoke.html']
 > That last one, #5, is a hack, to find out if the build as a whole was
 > successful.

Yeah, that's an ugly hack and it won't work for "make smolder_test". The
attached patch for t/harness should allow "make smoke" to return a non-zero exit
status when a test fails, so you don't even need #5.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP