Queries regarding src/parrot_debugger.c

tuxdna tuxdna at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:20:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have two queries.

* command line parameters

Unlike gdb and perl -d, parrot_debugger always require a file name to be
passed as command line parameter. Even though there is an option to load a
file once we launch the parrot_debugger using "load" command.

Should we make the file name optional in the command line parameters lile
gdb and perl -d have ?

* getopt() - unistd.h

I see that in src/parrot_debugger.c, the command line options are being
parsed using argv pointers directly.

Can we use getopt()  of unistd.h to parse command line arguments in
src/parrot_debugger.c or is there any portability issue with this?

Thanks,
Saleem