skip/notskip on t/native_pbc/*.t

Allison Randal allison at parrot.org
Mon Mar 9 19:14:41 UTC 2009

Allison Randal wrote:
> Currently we regenerate all the native pbc files just before the
> release? So, any platform testing before that regeneration doesn't test
> what's actually going to ship?

No answer here, but the exchange in TT #357 answers the question.
Unfortunately, these tests are not stable or robust enough yet. I'm
returning all the t/native_pbc/* tests to their previous skipped state.
(More detail in the ticket.)

Reini, I understand that you've put a lot of work into these tests and
may find this frustrating. The purpose of code reviews is not to make
the contributor happy or frustrated, but to keep the code stable,
robust, and maintainable. We work together as a group to make Parrot the
best it can be. Commit access is a privilege and a responsibility. One
of those responsibilities is to listen to experienced project members
like Andy and Jim and learn from their knowledge.

Allison