Parrot RPMS for SUSE

Michal Vyskocil mvyskocil at suse.cz
Thu Mar 19 13:18:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

I created a ticket 474 [1] with an improved parot.spec for SUSE. It contais
some %if ! 0%{?suse_version} hacks to disable some parts not available or not
permitted in SUSE. Those packages for SUSE are currently in my home:mvyskocil
[2] project, but should be moved to some more official one.

As we at SUSE have a BuildService [3] which is able to build (not only) RPMS
for various distributions [4] I'd like to ask if you're interested on usage of
BuildService for build of parrot packages. You can offer a up-to-date binary
packages for many Linux distributions without needs of build farm or hosting
problems, because there are many mirrors of BuildService [5].

If anyone will be interested on it, I could help him with OBS usage and try to
establish a new devel:languages:parrot project in BuildService, where parrot
packages could be maintained.

[1] https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/ticket/474
[2] http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mvyskocil/
[3] http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service