Parrot 1.0.0 "Haru Tatsu" Released!

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Thu Mar 26 21:51:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Allison Randal <allison at parrot.org> wrote:
>  You're packing a suitcase for a place none of us has been
>  A place that has to be believed to be seen
>  You could have flown away
>  A singing bird in an open cage
>  Who will only fly, only fly for freedom...
>
>  What you've got they can't deny it
>  Can't sell it, can't buy it
>  Walk on...
>
>  -- U2, "Walk On"
>
> On behalf of the Parrot team, I'm proud to announce Parrot 1.0.0
> "Haru Tatsu." Parrot[1] is a virtual machine aimed at running all
> dynamic languages.

Parrot 1.0.0 is now available through macports; you may have to
selfupdate to get the latest ports listing.

Thanks to jdfrens and dluke via macports for their help in getting the
installed binaries pointing at the right paths, and to macsforever2000
for the quick turnaround time once we had a working port.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda