line number from exceptions

Robin Edwards robin.ge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 21:46:19 UTC 2009

2009/3/30 Moritz Lenz <moritz at faui2k3.org>:

> Allison Randal wrote:
>> Moritz Lenz wrote:
>>>
>>> Actually it holds the Match object (which includes things like $0, $1
>>> etc from the regex captures, as well as named captures)
>>
>> Hmmm... then Synopsis 28 needs to be updated.
>
> Care to elaborate? I don't see where it's wrongly mentioned there...
>
> Cheers,
> Moritz

Thanks for your responses, it looks like .annotate is what I am after.

How do I extract the line number from the match object and pass it to
an .annotate directive? I searched the parrot, rakudo and cardinal
source to find that '.annotate' was documented in pdd19, but I didn't
find it being used in any of the HLL compilers? Maybe I just have an
old check out.

I am working on a language implementation of pascal,
http://code.google.com/p/porcupinepascal/ for my dissertation.

I am by no means a fan of pascal, all the cool languages already had
implementations and I wanted to start from scratch.

Rob