Proposal for using NQP-rx

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 13:34:05 UTC 2009

I think what I would really like to see is some sort of overview of
what NQP-RX is, and what it does, that's different from our current
NQP. I've heard that it improves regular expressions, but I don't know
anything more specific than that. Assuming there are no regressions on
functionality, and only a series of improvements, I'm generally in
favor of this.

The one thing I do worry about is the proposed timing. It seems like a
week before the release isn't enough time if we have a major breakage
somewhere and NQP needs to be updated again. What this would do,
essentially, is enact a de facto feature freeze on changes that might
affect NQP the week before every release. I'm not saying this is a bad
thing, just pointing it out.

--Andrew Whitworth