[perl #45987] [TODO] Replace quick and dirty method cache with a more robust one

Will Coleda via RT parrotbug-followup at parrotcode.org
Mon Nov 2 15:58:33 UTC 2009

On Tue Oct 02 10:53:15 2007, pcoch wrote:
> In src/objects.c there is the todo item (just before
> Parrot_find_method_direct()):
>
> /*
>  * quick'n'dirty method cache
>  * TODO: use a hash if method_name is not constant
>  *       i.e. from obj.$Sreg(args)
>  *       If this hash is implemented mark it during DOD
>  */
>
>  One would guess this needs implementing more robustly

Rejecting (and removing comment, which almost seemed to be orphaned in
the code); this was a developer's note to self; If the implementation
needs to be updated, we can drive that from one of the profiling options
that we have (to improve a particular benchmark based on speed or
memory.)

Thanks for trying to keep the code base clean.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda