[perl #49001] [PROPOSAL][DOCS] Change word "compilation_unit" into something else (like "sub")

Allison Randal via RT parrotbug-followup at parrotcode.org
Tue Nov 3 01:21:22 UTC 2009

On Sun Sep 20 22:57:03 2009, coke wrote:

> Looking through the remaining usages of this (in code and docs), it
> seems like compilation
> unit can also refer to, e.g. a file containing multiple subroutines.
>
> I don't think the remaining uses can be easily transliterated.

Indeed, that's the exact problem with "compilation unit". It parrot it
has often been used to mean "subroutine" when the more common meaning is
"file". I've changed the doc references to "subroutine". Frankly, don't
want to touch IMCC, it's not worth mucking with the rule names there.
The uses in the compiler tools are accurate, and can stand. Resolving
this ticket.