[PROPOSAL] include nqp-rx PIR files in Parrot core distribution

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Nov 3 18:45:24 UTC 2009

In today's #parrotsketch, the following "add-on" conversation:

18:39 <Coke> anyone want to queue any questions?
18:39 <pmichaud> I don't have any questions beyond what's been posted to parrot-dev (nqp-rx planning)
18:40 <Coke> an excellent place to ask.
18:40 <Coke> I think you addressed allison's concerns. I don't recall seeing anything else big.
18:41 <pmichaud> I'm just waiting for an official yay/nay
18:41 <pmichaud> or something official-ish
18:42 <Coke> Ok. I'll add a reply later today.
18:42 <pmichaud> my thinking is that the hll devs all seem to think it would be easier if it was included in core parrot.  Let's try it.  If it doesn't work out, we can remove it from core parrot.
18:42 <pmichaud> If we aren't able to make a decision by 2.0, then we can mark it as still being experimental in the 2.0 release and kick the decision a bit later.
18:43 <Coke> pmichaud: [experimental] yup.
18:43 <mikehh> I vote for core
18:43  * pmichaud posts this to the thread

Pm