RT tickets

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Thu Nov 5 13:26:50 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Will Coleda <will at coleda.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Will Coleda <will at coleda.com> wrote:
>> We're down to 171 tickets.
>>
>> The following devs own tickets:
>>
>> allison: 8
>> coke: 20+
>> cotto: 2
>> japhb: 1
>> kid51: 3
>> jonathan: 2
>> petdance: 1
>> whiteknight: 3
>>
>> Any developers who have /opened/ a ticket (e.g. particle, jonathan,
>> chromatic), it would be helpful if you scanned the RT list for tickets
>> that you requested (getting the unowned ones first), and either
>> rejected/resolved them, or migrated them yourselves to Trac.
>>
>> To migrate:
>> - open a new trac ticket at https://trac.parrot.org/ (or find an
>> existing trac that already covers this issue.)
>> - post a comment linking back to the original RT
>> - reject the RT, adding a comment pointing to the new trac ticket. Be
>> sure to cc the list.
>>
>> Some of these tickets can simply be rejected.
>> - tests failing on a single platform against a parrot older than a
>> year. Ask the original poster (OP) to resubmit to trac and/or setup a
>> smolder if they're still having trouble.
>> - Items that are too vague.
>>
>> When rejecting someone's ticket, be sure to thank the OP  for the
>> request, especially if they're not a developer.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Will "Coke" Coleda
>>

> We are now down to 124 tickets in RT.
>
> You may have more tickets assigned to you now than you did a week ago,
> as I've given some tickets back to their original requestors, or to
> "responsible parties."
>
> Breakdown by owner:
>
> allison: 8
> chromatic: 1
> cotto: 2
> japhb:1
> jkeen at verizon.net: 2
> jnthn at jnthn.net: 1
> particle: 2
> petdance: 2
> pmichaud: 3
>
> That leaves 102 tickets assigned to Nobody. If we can get all the
> assigned tickets closed or migrated in the next few days, that'll put
> us at just over 100. If every active developer closes or transfers a
> ticket a day on top of that, we can be done with this by the end of
> the week.
>

> --
> Will "Coke" Coleda

Thanks to some recent work by chromatic++, dukeleto++, cotto++, and
others, the RT queue is now down to 70 tickets.

Here's the current assignment breakdown:

Whiteknight: 4
pmichaud: 1
petdance: 2
particle: 5
jnthn at jnthn.net: 2
infinoid: 3
cotto: 2
coke: 4
chromatic: 3
allison: 5

Unassigned: 39 tickets. Of those, a majority are just TODO/XXX
comments that were converted to tickets; these should be simple to
transfer without having to understand/summarize the issues in the
ticket (following the guidelines earlier in the thread.)

For those with commit bits looking to clean things up, we also need to
eventually remove some of the RT references in the repository.

Any ticket that is TODO needs to have a live TT; if it refers to a
migrated RT, please change the pointer in the code.

If the RT reference is to a resolved issue (for example, a regression
that was fixed but still references the ticket the regression was
opened under), we don't need to transfer that ticket to RT: We're
assuming that RT will be available to us for historical usage.

Any references in the docs should be of the form "RT #foo" or "TT
#bar" (probably all of them are right now.).

--
Will "Coke" Coleda