Auto-promotion of Integer to BigInt

Jonathan Leto jaleto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 00:23:25 UTC 2009

Howdy,

It seems to me, from the point of view of a Parrot developer and as a
HLL developer, autopromotion that I cannot control and that is
inconsistent is worse than none at all.

I think having specific types or a way of defining an attribute such
that autopromotion has to be explicitly turned on, would be the
interface that HLL's can suitably opt-in or out of, with minimal
yak-shaving.

Also, the more tests we have for these edge cases, the better. Thanks
to kurahaupo++ for lighting a candle in these dark recesses of our
test suite.

Duke

--

Jonathan Leto