1085 trac ticket

Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR ** vadim.konovalov at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Nov 12 20:56:23 UTC 2009

> > From the other side, the TclLibrary module is essentially
> one file for connection to Tcl/Tk library, which is much like
> OpenGL connection library or SDL, so that TclLibrary.pir was
> suggested in a very similar way.
>
> OpenGL has some particular requirements that will make, according to
> his developers, hard to configure and build outside of core for a now.
> The current status and plans for SDL, I don't know.

okay, there are number of other C-library connectors, such as postgres, etc.
Will it be moved to plumage also?

Actually it is unclear for me how a random C library could be used from parrot?
The problem is that only some function signatures are supported which are listed in
.\config\gen\call_list\misc.in,
so if you have some external library, you're at random luck about the possibility to call its functions?

Vadim.