1085 trac ticket

Geoffrey Broadwell geoff at broadwell.org
Fri Nov 13 22:20:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 22:51 +0100, Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR **
wrote:
> it connects to Tcl/Tk library existing on the system in order to provide GUI, much like perl/Tk for perl5, or rather Tcl::Tk.
> The latter is less widespread but is much easier to implement, that is one of reasons why I am moving this way.

Fair enough.  Then perhaps call it tcl-embed or tcl-bridge or
tcl-tk-bridge, or something like that?

> I think that having GUI in any language running parrot VM will be really desireable.

Definitely.  Now we just need the other widget people to do the same.

> As for "portable Tk" - I do not know what kind of portable Tk libraries you have in mind, but I often create portable applications with PAR with perl5 that use Tcl::Tk and bring mentioned tk libraries together with final PAR-generated executable.

pTk, Nick Ing-Simmon's work to unbind the guts of Tk from insisting on
having Tcl around.  Basis of Perl 5 Tk module.

-'f