pushaction, pushmark, popmark

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Nov 15 13:31:59 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 02:51:43PM -0800, Jonathan Leto wrote:
> > I proposed deprecation of these opcodes previously in TT #876 [1],
> > though the proposal hasn't garnered any attention. I would like to do
> > two things now:
> >
> > 1) Add deprecation notices for these opcodes to be ripped out after
> > 2.0. I don't think much (if any) existing functionality anywhere
> > depends on these ops.
>
> +1

Although Rakudo is not yet using these ops, my current plan is to
use them if no other "subroutine exit"/"caller rollback" functionality
exists, even if they're somewhat broken.  So, +1 if a solid alternative
will be in place by 2.0, -1 otherwise.

> > 2) Add functionality to Context PMC to implement on-exit handlers. I
> > have some ideas for this but would like to discuss it more.
>
> +1 # I would like to talk about how exit-handlers effect our RTEMS port

Note that "exit handlers" here means "subroutine exit handlers"
and not process or interpreter exit handlers.

Pm