[perl #40817] [TODO] track generated files during the configure/make process

Will Coleda via RT parrotbug-followup at parrotcode.org
Tue Nov 17 16:19:40 UTC 2009

On Sat Nov 11 12:04:20 2006, particle wrote:
> arguably the best way to track which files are generated during
> parrot's configure/build process is to append each file to a list when
> it is created. so, we need some makefile hackery in order to do this
> during build-time, and some config hackery to do it during
> configure-time.
>
> this would replace the MANIFEST.generated file which is created ex
> post facto with a file that is created at build-time.
> ~jerry

There's a lot of discussion on this thread, but:

James points out in his last post to this thread that even if we can
track every single file generated during the build process (config or
make), that doesn't help us with MANIFEST.generated, as we need a human
to say which of those files need to be installed.

I'm rejecting this ticket; If we can come up with a more implementable
goal, we'll open a new ticket at https://trac.parrot.org/

--
Will "Coke" Coleda