new plumage files

jerry gay jerry.gay at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 00:44:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 15:44, Geoffrey Broadwell <geoff at broadwell.org> wrote:
>  * 'parrot:rakudo'  # only the Parrot project need apply
there's a problem here if you have a project named 'lang' or 'bin'.
perhaps keys should be capitalized or initial capital, which are reserved.
however, that may not work in all locales.

>  * 'lang:perl6'     # a parrot language that provides the 'perl6' HLL
>  * 'bin:perl6'      # any binary named 'perl6', not just Rakudo

in general, these files are for humans to read and maintain.
if we are to use key names, they should be easy to read.
in that case, i prefer 'language' over 'lang' and 'binary' over 'bin'.

perhaps 'runtime-system:parrot' or 'runtime:parrot' fit those constraints.
~jerry