cygwin DLL problem?

Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR ** vkonovalov at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Oct 16 10:37:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am trying Tcl/Tk with parrot, and found some interesting misfeature with loadlib.

My parrot program, essentially, tries to do until success:

    libname = "tcl85"
    library = loadlib libname

    libname = "tcl84"
    library = loadlib libname

If the proper tcl85.dll or tcl84.dll is in %PATH%, all is okay.

The problem arises if there is a tcl84.dll on %PATH%, which is inside cygwin.
This tcl84.dll works okay within cygwin, and the dependencies on this library are okay:

c:\> vc dumpbin /dependents tcl84.dll
Dump of file tcl84.dll

File Type: DLL

  Image has the following dependencies:

    ADVAPI32.DLL
    KERNEL32.dll
    USER32.dll
    cygwin1.dll

But the
    library = loadlib libname
statement never returns.
CPU load is 0%, Ctrl+C does not work, and the only way to continue is to end the task from "Task Manager"

Will be grateful on any advices on the matter.

Best regards,
Vadim.