context_pmc3 branch and backward compatibility.

Bob Rogers rogers-perl6 at rgrjr.dyndns.org
Sun Sep 6 02:10:28 UTC 2009

   From: chromatic <chromatic at wgz.org>
   Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:51:25 -0700

   On Monday 24 August 2009 01:13:49 Allison Randal wrote:

   > Purely internal changes are fine. It's when changes start touching on
   > users that they become deprecation candidates.

   Sure, but users who poke into internal structures (which are not in the list
   of deprecation candidates in the documented support policy) don't get as much
   support and warning as do users who stick to documented APIs (listed in the
   support policy).

   I think it's only Lua, Partcl, Rakudo, and Kea-CL which may have a problem
   here, and they hew closely enough to Parrot trunk that they should be able to
   handle it.

   -- c

FWIW, Kea-CL never did poke into Parrot internals, as it had a
vanishingly small amount of C code.  (Though this is academic at this
point, as Kea-CL hasn't been able to run since December; see Trac #39.)

					-- Bob Rogers
					   http://www.rgrjr.com/