subclassing form pir + lot other changes

Jesse van Dam jessevdam at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 18 07:30:09 UTC 2009

I have been busy for a while doing some research, but my plan is to make all pmc items an object and
to remove the fields in vtable struct and make use of the class.pmc instead.
In ticket #1020 did i place the full description of the plan.

These will bring a good improvement in my opinion to the parrot core.
But I would like to know how the others think about this change.
This change will have some effect on any hll already implemented although should be not that big a deal.
It will mainly remove some known errors from the code and bring a memory usage improvement when
subclassing from a core pmc.

This was also the reason why I first killed the unionval thingy. It would be fine that the typeof and related ops
will also begin to function as expected after this change, tickets #879 and #880.

I will be away for some days so next week I will react again on your answers.