Trac, Workflow...

Allison Randal allison at parrot.org
Tue Apr 20 18:09:58 UTC 2010

This is great, Will. It's very helpful to have a break-down of the
current tickets. Agreed with the suggested workflow. A few thoughts:

Some tasklists (like "immutable strings") are discrete tasks that are
ticketable, while others (like the GC tasklist) are ongoing work lists
that don't fit as tickets. The tasklist as a whole is never closed, we
just keep rolling tasks on as needed and off as completed. The basic
idea is to recognize that wiki tasklists have become an important part
of the Parrot workflow, and "canonize" them.

Another refinement we discussed is to add a wishlist page. The rule of
thumb would be: If there's a feature you want, and you haven't discussed
it with the Parrot team, don't submit a ticket, add it to the Wishlist
wiki page.

Jonathan, agreed, whether to open a new ticket for tests is something
we'll need to evaluate on a case-by-case basis. (A simple single test,
probably not, but if it's along the lines of "develop an infrastructure
to make it possible to test X" then it's an independent task.)

Allison