Is it worth reporting build errors on obsolete platforms?

jerry gay jerry.gay at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 05:31:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 16:55, LocoPollo <parrot at sol42.com> wrote:
> Hello.
> The platform is Solaris 9/SPARC, running on a SparcStation 5.  I'm using the bundled gcc 2.95 compiler.
> There are some new problems with 2.3.0 (Parrot_{gm|local|asc}time_r), and one known error (Parrot_unsetenv) from 2.2.0 and earlier remains.  Is it worth reporting them?

we don't have (as far as i'm aware) active porters for gcc 2.95 on
sol9/sparc, but parrot strives to be portable to as many platforms as
possible.  we'd love to have your bug reports via trac.parrot.org, and
if possible, regular test runs or smoke results on any platforms you
have available.  if you can test parrot and report results regularly,
it can only improve our product.

thank you in advance for your contributions.
~jerry