t/harness.pir

François Perrad francois.perrad at gadz.org
Wed Apr 21 11:50:12 UTC 2010

I've recently added a t/harness.pir that removes dependencies on Perl
modules
Test::Harness and TAP::Harness::Archive.

It allows to run tests and upload results on Smolder (tar, gzip, curl needed
and don't work with a proxy)

The options for various runcores are not supplied.
The option --jobs is not yet implemented.

The attached patch allows to use it (instead of t/harness) from the
Makefile.
You could run, for example :
    $ parrot t/harness.pir
    $ parrot t/harness.pir --code-tests
    $ parrot t/harness.pir --archive --send-to-smolder

The executable 'tapir' which is an equivalent of 'prove', is also available.
(I reused the name 'tapir' from the leto's project
http://github.com/leto/tapir,
but if needed this executable could be renamed for example 'parrot-prove')
For example :
    $ tapir t/library/*.t

I need feedback on various platforms.
Currently, the TAP parser is strict and reports many errors
for comment without # in first column.

François