Rope PMC (was Re: Why has pbc_to_exe become unusable?)

Andy Dougherty doughera at lafayette.edu
Thu Apr 22 17:06:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, Will Coleda wrote:

> The original thread here was "string concatenation is slow". Sounds
> like RSA is a good fit for that, and everything else can be done
> outside of core and copied back in if we like it.

But there is still the original problem that string concatenation is very
slow, when in 2.3.0 it wasn't.  Yes, there are undoubtedly other, better
approaches to the general problem, but the fact remains that concatenation
is now very slow.  Ideally, I would write a specific test for
concatenation, compare 2.3.0 with the immutable strings version, and then
file a ticket, if appropriate, but I'm not optimistic about finding time
to do so anytime soon.  If anyone else wants to jump in and write such a
test, then please feel free to do so.

    Andy Dougherty		doughera at lafayette.edu