The open opcode

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 23:34:45 UTC 2010

the open opcode calls src/io/api.c:Parrot_io_open, which does redirect
to the appropriate PMC type. We've done some encapsulation-breaking
for performance issues (saves a PCC call if we can just muck with
FileHandle's internals directly). In any case, the PMC is in control.
So it's a moot point to wonder whether making the open opcode use the
PMC would be an improvement for security or not: we do it anyway.

--Andrew Whitworth