Fwd: PBC, Const Tables, and STRINGs

Peter Lobsinger plobsing at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 01:02:20 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Lobsinger <plobsing at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: PBC, Const Tables, and STRINGs
To: chromatic <chromatic at wgz.org>

I have thought about this before. Part of the problem is that
freeze/thaw doesn't know about the packfile it is writing to, and so
cannot make use of the constant table.

To remedy this, we could increase the coupling between these, but
there are some costs. One of the more important of these is that the
format of frozen objects would no longer be the same inside pbc versus
standalone. I'm not sure how valuable this property is.