compact_pool_revamp branch is ready for testing.

Michael Hind mike.hind at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 15:04:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

I ran perl tools/dev/mk_manifest_and_skip.pl to re-generate MANIFEST and
MANIFEST.SKIP

fixed some codetest failures

as of r46035 - compact_pool_revamp branch:
All tests PASS (pre/post-config, make corevm/make coretest, smoke (#33478),
fulltest) at r46035 - Ubuntu 10.04 RC amd64 (g++)

I also tested up to fulltest which PASSed, building using gcc with
--optimize at the same revision.

Cheers,

Michael (mikehh)

On 26 April 2010 12:42, Vasily Chekalkin <bacek at bacek.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> compact_pool_revamp branch if ready for testing. There is few compiler
> warnings left but I'll fix them before merge anyway.
>
> Main changes:
>  - Allocated buffers/strings keep pointer to Memory_Block from which
> they were allocated.
>  - It used to skip almost full blocks during compacting.
>
> Parrot will probably consume little bit more memory due not 100%
> accuracy in calculating free space. But at least it's about 2.5%
> faster on examples/benchmarks/stress_strings.pir (introduced in
> branch).
>
> --
> Bacek

Michael H. Hind