Why a list?

Shawn H Corey shawnhcorey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 15:54:32 UTC 2010

On 10-08-02 09:23 AM, Paul C. Anagnostopoulos wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Greetings. I've just joined the parrot-dev list. I was wondering why you use a mailing list for communication rather than an online forum.
>
> ~~ Paul

Tradition.  Perl was first created when the only way for mass
communication was the Usenet newsgroups.  Mailing lists are the closest
thing to a newsgroup these days.  Many people don't realize that the Web
runs on top of the Internet and you can communicate without it.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
   Shawn

as it is about coding.

The secret to great software:  Fail early & often.

Eliminate software piracy:  use only FLOSS.