2.7.0 Release on Tuesday

Michael Hind mike.hind at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 19:55:03 UTC 2010

Just a reminder that Parrot's next monthly release is due out on Tuesday 17
August.

Can I request that those of you have committed anything since the 2.6.0
release update the appropriate files, as in NEWS, update your own entry in
CREDITS if required and any deprecations should go into DEPRECATED.pod with
the appropriate ticket.

At the moment all tests are passing for me, so I would ask that you please
do not commit anything that is likely to break things before the release
(i.e. no branch merges without serious testing and consultation.)  Tested
bug fixes are always welcome, and of course could be reverted if they cause
a problem.

This is my first attempt at release manager, and although I think I am clear
on the procedure, I may yell for help in the next 48 hours, so be prepared
:-}

I am aiming to get everything ready before the #parrotsketch meeting.

Cheers, Michael (mikehh)

--
Michael H. Hind

Cell: +44 (0) 7877 224 745