Some questions about the github mirror of the Parrot subversion repo

Jonathan Leto jaleto at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 22:46:39 UTC 2010

Howdy,

> Where exactly are you seeing them?

These are historical tags, i.e. any tag that has ever existed. I now
know that we should only convert existing tags.

> I believe it would be useful to convert all the RELEASE
> tags into git tags.  And if one of those tags (V1??) marks the point at
> which we converted from CVS to Subversion, it would be useful to bring that
> along as well.

I have pushed all release-related subversion tags to github as proper
git tags, as well as V1, and I have pushed
all current svn branches as well.

Take a look: http://github.com/parrot/parrot/tree/V1

Please play around with the repo and let me know if there are any oddities.

I have automated this whole process with a Moose::Runnable app, which
you can take a look at here:

http://github.com/leto/Util/blob/master/perl_lib/App/Mirror/Parrot.pm

It does not yet support removing branches from github that no longer
exist on subversion, but I should be able to add that soon.

Duke

--
Jonathan "Duke" Leto
jonathan at leto.net