files for configuration that are not needed to be installed?

Gerd Pokorra gp at zimt.uni-siegen.de
Thu Aug 26 12:31:55 UTC 2010

I think Parrot installs Perl 5 modules and scripts that are only needed
for the configuration.
Here is a list of files that are in MANIFEST, from which I think that
are not needed to be installed under the tools-subdirectory.

lib/Parrot/Configure.pm                                     [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Compiler.pm                            [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Data.pm                                [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Messages.pm                            [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Options.pm                             [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Options/Conf.pm                        [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Options/Conf/CLI.pm                    [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Options/Conf/File.pm                   [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Options/Conf/Shared.pm                 [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Options/Reconf.pm                      [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Options/Test.pm                        [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Options/Test/Prepare.pm                [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Step.pm                                [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Step/List.pm                           [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Step/Methods.pm                        [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Step/Test.pm                           [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Test.pm                                [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Trace.pm                               [devel]lib
lib/Parrot/Configure/Utils.pm                               [devel]lib

tools/dev/gen_makefile.pl                                   [devel]

tools/dev/reconfigure.pl                                    [devel]

I would like to set this entries to
so that this files will not be installed.

I am not as safe as houses that the files are not really needed to be
installed. May be any project or other software need them.
I compiled rakudo-2010.08.1 on parrot-2.7.0 without that files and
"mk_language_shell.pl" run without the files.
Would it be okay to switch the entries or do somebody not agree with
it? I will change the entries if I get no complains in the next four
days.

-- Gerd