gsoc_threads branch feedback

Andy Dougherty doughera at lafayette.edu
Thu Aug 26 20:05:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010, Andrew Whitworth wrote:

> The API looks to be as good as any. There's no real way to know if it
> will be a help or a hinderance until we get the code into regular use
> and start exercising it.
>
> To that end, I think we need to start looking at when/how to merge
> this branch. I know that prior to 2.6.0 we didn't get a deprecation
> notice in place for the old system. That leaves us with three options,
> as far as I can see:

Even before that, I think widespread testing would be useful.  I just
tried with Debian Linux/x86 and OpenSolaris/x86 (both plain builds: perl
Configure.pl; make; make test)

On Linux, it hung in the test suite at

    t/compilers/data_json/to_parrot.t ........... 15/60

On OpenSolaris, it hung at

I don't have time for any debugging, but do suggest that widespread
testing before merging would be useful.

    Andy Dougherty		doughera at lafayette.edu