Locations of some utility programs to shift

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Fri Aug 27 12:25:46 UTC 2010

For http://trac.parrot.org/parrot/ticket/677, I plan to merge in a
branch this weekend which will have the following impacts:

(1) Restrict tools/build/ to hold programs, templates and configuration
files invoked, directly or indirectly, by the default 'make' target
(a.k.a. 'make all'), called with or without command-line options.  Any
other files currently found in tools/build/ will move to tools/dev/.

(2) Create a new directory, tools/release/ to hold programs, templates
and configuration files used by the Release Manager during the release
process.

(3) Eliminate tools/utils/ and move remaining files to tools/dev/.

If you have a dog in this fight, please speak up, as we wish to resolve
this old ticket.  I would particularly like to hear from any users of
pgegrep.

Thank you very much.
kid51