Rakudo build broken as of parrot RELEASE_2_10_1-633-ga3ca6c8

Peter Lobsinger plobsing at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 15:18:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Andy Dougherty <doughera at lafayette.edu> wrote:
> Rakudo won't build with the current parrot master.  The first error
> message is about the function 'Parrot_get_ctx_HLL_namespace'.  Were some
> functions renamed?  If so, the old names should still be kept around as
> wrappers for the new names, at least for a while.
>
> (Breakage like this makes it really hard to reliably bisect for important
> changes.)

I get the sense there's an expectation that rakudo should always build
and run cleanly against parrot head. I don't recall this ever being
explicitly supported, and I think that it is not feasible in the
general case (I do agree that in this specific case it would have been
a possibility).

It is possible bisect on known-good rakudo-parrot combinations, just
use the version specified in rakudo/build/PARROT_REVISION.