Parrot Developer Summit, Dec 05 2010: Summary of Action Items

Andy Dougherty doughera at lafayette.edu
Mon Dec 6 18:28:44 UTC 2010

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010, James E Keenan wrote:

> The Parrot Developer Summit met for over three hours beginning at 2300 UTC.
> You can read the log starting here:
> http://irclog.perlgeek.de/parrotsketch/2010-12-05.  The summit particularly
> benefited from contributions by people who were major Parrot developers in
> past years and by people quite new to Parrot. Here, I'm not attempting to
> summarize the ebb and flow of discussion; I'm focusing on action points.

Thank you for the summary.

> In quite a few cases, we encouraged people to start working out ideas on their
> blogs and then publish more polished version on parrot-dev in the 2 weeks
> before the summit.

I'd encourage people to use the mailing list earlier and more often.
Blogs and mailing lists likely reach somewhat different audiences, so both
are good.  However, the mailing list is reliably archived, so I wonder if
it would be useful if design disuccsions happened there.  I can search
design discussions that happened on the mailing list 10 years ago.  Are
blog posts archived with the same degree of long-term stability?  Or do
people think that doesn't matter?

Just some food for thought,

    Andy Dougherty		doughera at lafayette.edu