Recognising libraries.

Richard Hainsworth richard at rusrating.ru
Fri Dec 10 21:39:25 UTC 2010

On 12/09/10 21:43, yary wrote:
> I see a pattern - the libs not found have a version number. They
> should also be removed (along with the .so), let the linker determine
> the version. How it will decide between 4.7 and 4.8 when you tell it
> to load libdb is an exercise for someone else. I hate linkers.
>
> -y
The libraries I am interested in are:
/usr/lib/libag_core.so shortened to <libag_core>  located
/usr/lib/libag_dev.so shortened to <libag_dev>  NOT located
/usr/lib/libag_gui.so shortened to <libag_gui>  NOT located

All were compiled from the same tarball, all have exactly the same
version numbers (/usr/lib/ contains links to /usr/local/lib)

Richard