Recognising libraries.

Peter Lobsinger plobsing at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 03:05:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Richard Hainsworth
<richard at rusrating.ru> wrote:
> On 12/09/10 21:43, yary wrote:
>>
>> I see a pattern - the libs not found have a version number. They
>> should also be removed (along with the .so), let the linker determine
>> the version. How it will decide between 4.7 and 4.8 when you tell it
>> to load libdb is an exercise for someone else. I hate linkers.
>>
>> -y
>
> The libraries I am interested in are:
> /usr/lib/libag_core.so shortened to <libag_core>  located
> /usr/lib/libag_dev.so shortened to <libag_dev>  NOT located
> /usr/lib/libag_gui.so shortened to <libag_gui>  NOT located
>
> All were compiled from the same tarball, all have exactly the same version
> numbers (/usr/lib/ contains links to /usr/local/lib)

Use strace on the process to see under what paths it is looking for
your libraries. Look for a bunch of stat() and open() calls to
filenames ending with your library name (eg: libag_core).

You might also want to check that your ldconfig is set up properly
(for libraries you've installed yourself, distros are usually pretty
good about that kind of thing). Run ldconfig -p to print a full
listing of the candidates in the cache.