Q: PVMW k10?

Selena Deckelmann selenamarie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 21:43:27 UTC 2010

Hi!

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Jonathan Leto <jaleto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
>> While Columbus might be great for co-location with Yapc, we might benefit
>> from a different place if a large fraction of the group won't be yapcing.
>>
>> =Austin
>
> I am going to throw out that I am helping organize the Hacker Lounge
> at the Open Source Bridge 2010 conference [0], so I would love to make
> a Parrot dev summit/BOFH/whatever happen at the conference. It is June
> 1–4, 2010 in beautiful Portland, Oregon. Most likely there will be a
> 24 hr (or very close to 24hr) lounge area for hacking and sprinting
> during the entire conference. Last year the hacker lounge was well
> stocked with snacks and drinks and I hope the repeat that this year
> with the addition of a few projectors for sprinting.

We'd love to have Parrot hackers at Open Source Bridge.

And on the advocacy front:
* One thing that may be fun is to request hardware from some of the
embedded folks and show Parrot running on a few different platforms.
Hot Live Demos!
* Additional bonus points for holding low-hanging-fruit hack fests
that invite people to come and post a fix for something in an hour or
so. I realize this is a lot of work for the organizers, but it helps
spread the word among devs.

Anyway! Let us know if we can be of help in organizing something here.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me
http://endpoint.com - work