Opcode and OpLib PMCs

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 20:14:39 UTC 2010

I've created two new prototype PMCs in the op_pmcs branch: Opcode and
OpLib. OpLib is a singleton that provides access to the interp->op_lib
structure and acts like a factory for Opcode PMCs. Opcode PMCs
represent a single opcode and can be used to get information about
them, most importantly the op number so we can start looking at the
possibility of doing bytecode compilation from PIR.

These PMCs are bare bones now. They obviously need some feature
additions and other maturation, but I would like to get some eyes on
them and some comments/suggestions from people so these can grow in a
good way.