Rakudo 'ng' branch is now 'master'

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Feb 14 17:23:24 UTC 2010

I've just completed the rename of the 'ng' branch to become the
new 'master' branch.  The old 'master' branch is now called 'alpha'.

If you have an existing checkout (clone) of the Rakudo repository,
it's probably a good idea to get a new fresh clone rather than trying
to pull updates from the existing repo.

We know that the new 'master' still doesn't pass a lot of tests
but we expect that to change soon.  People who want to continue
using the older-and-more-complete Rakudo should either use the
new 'alpha' branch or the 2010-01 ("Minneapolis") release.

Thanks!

Pm