vc9 branch

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 21:06:15 UTC 2010

The "vc9" branch in the repo is 14 months old. Since it's creation
nearly 10,000 revisions have been made to the repo and we've seen two
major numbered releases (1.0.0 an 2.0.0). I understand the purpose of
the branch is to make Parrot build with VisualC++ 9.0, but we appear
to have lost the champion for that platform. Also, since the branch is
so dreadfully old, it's unlikely to me that much of it is still
usable, especially when we consider recent changes to
Configuration.pl, the Makefile architecture, test changes and other
changes to PMCs.

I would like to delete this branch. If somebody wants to champion this
particular platform, I suggest a new up-to-date branch be created.
Opinions?