Parrot_call_* functions removed in parrot_call_deps branch

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 17:22:08 UTC 2010

As per TT #1145, the functions Parrot_call_sub and
Parrot_call_sub_reti are being removed. I have removed them in the
parrot_call_dep branch. I encourage anybody who is writing C-language
extension or embedding projects to verify their operation against this
branch, since some people were relying on those functions and they
won't exist anymore. Module writers should use Parrot_ext_call()
instead.

I'll merge this branch to trunk after a I make few documentation
improvements, and after a few days to make sure we've addressed
problems in modules. If your project relies on these functions and you
need help updating, please let me know. I would like to merge this
branch by the weekend if there are no objections.

Thanks,