orderedhash_revamp branch is ready for merging

Michael Hind mike.hind at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 13:11:10 UTC 2010

bacek,

I did some testing on the branch and with a g++ build on amd64 everything
passes:

orderedhash_revamp branch
All tests PASS (pre/post-config, make corevm/make coretest, smoke (#31860),
fulltest) at r43570 - Ubuntu 9.10 amd64 (g++ with --optimize)

however when I built the branch with gcc I got a failure in
t/pmc/packfile.t:

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/pmc/packfile.t                   (Wstat: 11 Tests: 19 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero wait status: 11
  Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 34 tests but ran 19.
Files=234, Tests=7420, 32 wallclock secs ( 2.08 usr  0.55 sys + 42.94 cusr
15.97 csys = 61.54 CPU)
Result: FAIL
make: *** [coretest] Error 1

status 11 is a Segmentation fault

I ran prove and it gives the same result with gcc (with or without
--optimize) but it passes the test with g++ (with or without --optimize)
- thats on Ubuntu 9.10 amd64

I split the test into two parts (1 - 19) and (20 - 34) and both parts pass
on gcc but the full test fails.

Cheers, Michael (mikehh)

2010/1/24 James E Keenan <jkeen at verizon.net>

> Vasily Chekalkin wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> orderedhash_revamp branch is ready for merging. Main purpose of branch -
>> reimplement OrderedHash from hackish version of regular Hash (with
>> nulling keys, etc) to be first-class citizen.
>>
>> Testing will be very appreciated.
>>
>>  Bacek,
>
> I got a PASS for this on 'make test'.  See:
> http://smolder.plusthree.com/app/public_projects/report_details/31866
>
> However, the 'svn diff' is enormous:  > 1.5 megs compressed; 282766 lines
> long.  This is going to be difficult for humans to review (at least this one
> ;-) ) and will probably be a PITA to 'svn merge'.
>
> If you were to apply the essence of your changes to a branch forked more
> recently from trunk, would that yield a more manageable patch?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> kid51

Michael H. Hind

Tel:  +44 (0) 1224 631 581