Lorito Prototype

Jon Gentle parrot at atrodo.org
Wed Jul 28 20:48:15 UTC 2010

Almost 3 weeks ago I started hacking a Lorito prototype together.  As of
this morning, I've cobbled together enough functionality that I feel
comfortable asking for help and a few more eyes.  If anyone is interested,
the code lives at http://github.com/atrodo/lorito and I will happily give
out commit bits to anyone that wants one.  I've expanded the 20 opcodes
slightly to 36, which includes the bootstrapping opcodes.  So far, I have
the integer math/comparison, if/goto, some of the register manipulation and
the pmc manipulation opcodes.  Next on my list is going to be calls and
documentation of the opcodes.

So, I'm asking for help.  The biggest help I'd like to see is some
feedback.  I want to make sure I'm on the right track and not doing anything
that seems like a good idea only to me.  After that it'd be nice to have
some tests written.  They don't even have to work yet, just look like they
should work.  And really, I'm not picky, any help is appreciated help.

-Jon Gentle

And remember, Less Magic == More Magic.