Rakudo Star - a useful, usable, "early adopter" distribution of Perl 6

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 17:23:00 UTC 2010

On 10/07/29 07:23 -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On behalf of the Rakudo and Perl 6 development teams, I'm happy to
> announce the July 2010 release of "Rakudo Star", a useful and usable
> distribution of Perl 6.  The tarball for the July 2010 release is
> available from <http://github.com/rakudo/star/downloads>.

congratulations, but help me help you guys.

i'm currently shipping parrot and rakudo in mandriva. what should i do
regarding rakudo-star:
  - juste update rakudo to rakudo-star
  - create a new package rakudo-star, alongside rakudo

if the former, will future monthly rakudo releases feature everything
that rakudo* is shipping? (modules, etc.)
if the latter, can rakudo-star use rakudo as its perl6 interpreter, and
only installs addons?

thanks,
jérôme
jquelin at gmail.com