dynoplibs in core or no?

Michael Hind mike.hind at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 17:41:48 UTC 2010

We really need to consider what constitutes the "core" of parrot.

This is what is tested by make corevm/make coretest

Extensions are generally not considered part of the "core".

As regards, dynops and dynpmcs, I would probably not consider them part of
"core", but could go either way.

The changes, both with the ops massacre and opsc, have moved a lot of things
around and I think we seriously need to re-evaluate where we stand here.

In the future, with "lorito", we also need to look at maybe a further level,
"lorito base", "core" and the rest.

I leave this open for further discussion.

Cheers,  Michael (mikehh)

On 1 June 2010 18:19, Christoph Otto (Excell Data Corporation) <
a-chotto at microsoft.com> wrote:

> [...]

Michael H. Hind

Cell: +44 (0) 7877 224 745