dynoplibs in core or no?

Andy Dougherty doughera at lafayette.edu
Tue Jun 1 19:22:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Will Coleda wrote:

> We've had some ping pong'ing code of late regarding the dynop
> libraries as they've been moved in and out of 'make corevm'
>
> If so, we should actually test all of them as part of core, and not
> just the ones that happen to be in 'corevm' after ops massacre.
>
> If not, we should not build them as part of core, and we'll need to
> examine the various tests that are failing as part of 'make coretest'.

Or, given the number and complexity of problems that have ensued, perhaps
it would even be worthwhile to step back and re-think whether all the ops
that were moved out of core really should have been moved.  If every
non-trivial program now needs to load several dynop libraries, is there
really any benefit?  (I do not mean to prejudge the answer, only to remark
that it might be worthwhile to address the question, now with the benefit
of a little hindsight.)

    Andy Dougherty		doughera at lafayette.edu