dynoplibs in core or no?

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 21:46:26 UTC 2010

The printerr opcode disappearing would be fine if the getstderr opcode
hadn't disappeared. What we need is a good, reliable way to get
FileHandle PMCs for STDIN, STDOUT, and STDERR. Once we have a handle,
the print_p_s opcode works just fine for almost all purposes. There is
an stdhandle method on the interpreter PMC, but that one is listed as
experimental and apparently it isn't well-liked.

What we need is any solution to this problem, I can't say I'm
particularly partial to any of the available options.

--Andrew Whitworth