ns_func_cleanup branch, notes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 3 23:28:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 07:09:15PM -0400, James E Keenan wrote:
> >Several other tickets are referenced in TODO notes in this file, some
> >of which are very cryptic. I would like to get some eyes on TT #1219,
> >#1220, #1221, #1222, #1223, #1224, and #1225. I'll fix any and all of
> >these tickets if I can get some clarification on what is needed. If
> >these tickets turn out to be bogus (and some are so old, I don't doubt
> >that they will), we can close them.
>
> I would propose a simple, two-part rule of thumb:  If you,
> whiteknight, don't understand the point of the ticket, and if no one
> else speaks up for it in 24 hours, then, delete the offending
> comment and reject the ticket.

+1, with a possible modification:  If the originator of the ticket
(or one of its comments) is a currently active contributor to Parrot,
then maybe wait a bit longer than 24 hours before rejecting the
ticket (or perhaps assign the ticket to that person, or otherwise
check with the contributor before closing it).

Pm